Our mission is to contribute to women’s and men’s professional and social integration through the enhancement of artisanal practices and know-how.
Founded in 2018, Terìa promotes craftsmanship as a factor of social and economic development, and ensures access to the Fair Trade market for the beneficiaries of its projects.
Terìa also organizes activities for training and awareness campaigns, promoting arts and crafts by people belonging to vulnerable categories and residents of low-income countries, particularly in Africa.
– Safeguarding and sharing artisanal practices –
Terìa promotes artistic, artisanal, traditional practices and know-how of the countries in which it develops its projects. In particular, through training workshops and apprenticeship courses, the organization aims to preserve and share ancient, or more recent, techniques that are under threat from industrial production and globalization.
– Cultural contamination –
Terìa’s projects are permeated with multicultural creativity.
Artisans and designers from the northern and southern hemispheres work together, sharing practices and know-how from which original and authentic products are created.
Multiculturalism is the key to Terìa’s projects and techniques developed in its workshops, but also of its social and human approach.
In this communal creation and exchange, different types of craftsmanship take place (including tailoring, dyeing, weaving and the transformation of prime materials – for example from shea fruit and Mali cotton).
In the projects promoted by Terìa, working conditions respect the artisans’ rhythm of life and their relationship with the environment. The production processes are carried out in an ecologically responsible context, in which upcycling and zero waste strategies are incentivised, respecting the development of local resources and materials.
– Promote socially useful artisanal production.
– Organize training courses aimed at safeguarding and promoting artisanal techniques and know-how.
– Promote access to the Fair Trade market for the beneficiaries of our projects.
– Contribute to the social integration and autonomy of the artisans.
– Preserve artisanal techniques from the threat of industrialization and globalization.
– Promote ecologically responsible production and strategies for creative re-use.